Monday, 2 September 2013

Uniq-One Hair Treatment long-term review!


So this beauty right here is the Uniq-One "All in one hair treatment"

As you can see from the picture above, it has 10 "real" effects (I'll be the judge of that) that it is supposed to have on your hair over a period of time.

It's been several months since I've used this in conjunction with my Schwarzkopf BC Bonacure serum that I've reviewed on here, and have been switching them out with one another so my hair wouldn't get used to the effects. So what you're getting is an approximately 4 month review of continuous use.

The 10 effects are: 
  1. Repair for dry and damaged hair 
  2. Shine and frizz control 
  3. Heat protection 
  4. Silkiness and smoothness 
  5. Hair colour protection/with UVA and UVB filters 
  6. Easier brushing and ironing 
  7. Incredible detangling 
  8. Long-lasting hairstyle (can't comment, my hair's always been good in this department)
  9. Split ends prevention ~ noticed some changes, but not too many
  10. Adds body (I think this was because I dried my hair upside down...)

I have tangly hair that falls out very frequently in huge amounts, and blonde highlights on the bottom half (it was a full head thing until I decided to let them grow out just in time for the ombre effect that came around).

Therefore, my hair is only dry and damaged on the bottom half, which is where I sprayed the product (ponytail region)

I had done experiments where I wouldn't apply it on some days, so let me tell you that either this product had some amazing long-term effects or my hair was always really silky smooth and I never noticed. 

I can see with my mum's bleached hair that the colour is almost all gone, even though she also religiously uses the Uniq-One spray. With mine, I've been using this product for around 4 months with the BC bonacure as stated before, and my hair has pretty much stayed the exact same shade of blonde the whole time! 

This may have, however, also been thanks to the fact that though I've been using regular shampoo for my hair, I've been using conditioner for coloured hair (since conditioner's only supposed to go on the ponytail region), and I've been using brands like Syoss, which I swear by, and TRESemme, which I also swear by. 

I had used the shampoo and conditioner without the sprays and did notice that my hair looked a little bit dryer and a hell of a lot more tangly than when I was using Uniq-One, so I think the product did have some long-lasting effects.

Over the last couple of washes, I haven't used either hair products (only the Syoss shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair) and I can say that although my hair is a little bit more tangly than I'd like, the smoothness has remained over time. 

Although arguably this could be because I recently chopped off three inches off my hair, so... now I'm not entirely sure.

BUT when I did have the damaged blonde locks, I can say with confidence that this product worked miracles from the first go, so definitely try it out! 

And the one tip I have to anyone is stay away from straighteners. I haven't used any heat on my hair (I mean curlers and straighteners and such. Hairdryers I can't live without) and I think it's definitely brought back some health to my hair in addition to Uniq-One. So if your hair is looking lifeless, avoid heat.


All in all, I'm pretty satisfied, and I've recommended this to several friends and they've all been amazed by the results, so I'd say: "Give it a try! Definitely worth it" 

I can't really do a comparison, but I think I like the application style of BC Bonacure more, because the wide spray angle lets me get all my hair in a couple of sprays, though I think the effects of Uniq-One are better if your hair is really, really damaged.

Thanks for reading (:

Any other hair product suggestions? Let me know!

Until next time. Bye!




No comments:

Post a Comment