Monday, 29 April 2013

First post!


So....hello!

I don't know where this blog is going to lead me. I might end up making it quite known, or I might fade away into obscurity because my laziness may reach new levels - we'll see.

Since it's called 'a little of everything', I thought I'd include - wait for it - a little of everything. From random blog posts, to funny things I may want to share, book reviews, product reviews, revision tips and such and maybe even some little tutorials or tips and tricks that may not be widely known.

I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do next. I'm probably going to buy a notebook and write down certain ideas that I could later on turn into blog posts, but it's all just a bit of a WIP (work in progress).

So maybe I should start by sharing a few facts about myself? 

My name is Marika, I am currently 17 years old and in my penultimate year of school. Well...technically I've only got exams left of year 6/12 (depending on how you count your classes) and then I'm in my last year and then off to uni! I'm from a little country called Georgia, which neighbours Turkey and, although I complain a lot about it, I secretly kind of love it there - it's the food, it's amazing.

I'm not diagnosed with anything, but that's only because going to a psychologist here is a month's pay-check for some people. Crazy, right? I know! Although if I go, I'm sure that one of the things I'll be diagnosed with is anxiety. It's insane. I've gotten an anxiety attack before and have to seriously control myself and steer as much as I possibly can from negative, panic-inducing thoughts otherwise I'll be a heap of tears and an accelerated heartbeat that may actually be loud enough for people around to hear. I find social situations, although something I wish I could actively take part in, terrifying. Even going to school is a bit of a struggle in the mornings. On some days, I have an upset tummy from the moment I wake  up and it doesn't pass until I'm certain nothing's going to happen.

Quite insane, really, but that's that. 

I'm an avid reader. I've read over a hundred books, and considering the fact that I only sort of became an English speaker at the age of 8 when I moved to Cyprus, which is where I currently live, I think it's quite an achievement. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to read lately with the absolute overload of coursework (those undergoing the British curriculum will know what it is. Literally coursework, lovingly known as HELL) and exams that my future depends on. Not good for someone who has anxiety, let me tell you that. Anyway, some of my favourite books include anything by John Green, - The Fault in Our Stars is my favourite - If I stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman, Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi (WHO I HAVE CONTINUOUSLY HAD CONVERSATIONS WITH AND SHE SAID I WAS HER CONFETTI FRIEND) and some classics such as Wuthering Heights (don't judge me), Pride and Prejudice and Persuasion by Jane Austen, The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde which is a play but it's hilarious, The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. I'm on Goodreads as well, so you can join me over there and see my reading progress and also track your own as well as get amazing and spot-on recommendations!

I'm in quite a few fandoms, as well. Kind of addicted to tumblr. 

  • Sherlock
  • Doctor Who
  • Merlin
  • Avengers
  • Nerdfighteria
  • Youtubers generall (Zoella and the gang) 
  • Robsten 
And many more I feel would take up an entire blog on its own.

Well, that's it for now. I'm off to study for a history exam that I have tomorrow (I'm a last minute studier, otherwise anything I've learnt will have left my brain for good by the time I sat the exam!)

Bye bye~

No comments:

Post a Comment